Following the success of previous years, GAAPS is again holding a careers fair at Imperial College Business School on the evening of 10th November 2010
The fair provides a fantastic opportunity for you to meet face to face with leading actuarial recruiters and to find out first hand what the employers are looking for.
- 18.00 – 18.25: Arrival and Registration
- 18.25 – 18.30: Welcome and Introduction – Tim Ruthven, Imperial College Business School
- 18.30 – 18.40: The Actuarial Profession – Dr Trevor Watkins, Head of Learning, Institute and
- Faculty of Actuaries
- 18.40 – 18.45: Life as an Actuary – Liam Mayne FIA (new actuary and alumnus)
- 18.45 – 18.50: Global Careers & Actuarial Finance – Geraldine Kaye FIA, GAAPS Actuarial
- 18.50 – 19.00: Q&A
- 19.00 – 20.30: Careers Fair and Drinks reception
Venue: Imperial College Business School, Tanaka Building, South Kensington Campus, London, SW7 2AZ
Register for the event
Last night’s GAAPS Actuarial careers event at Imperial College Business School was a great success.
The lecture theatre was packed with students and recent graduates for a presentation about the actuarial profession by Dr Geraldine Kaye and about the Imperial MSc in Actuarial Finance by Tony Hewitt and Liam Mayne.
The presentation was followed by a drinks reception which provided a perfect networking opportunity for the students to speak to actuarial employers about their future careers.
Search for a Job as an Actuary
There is only one week to go till the GAAPS Actuarial – Imperial College Business School careers event.
Date and time:
15 February 2010, 6pm
Imperial College Business School
South Kensington Campus
The nearest tube station is South Kensington
Circle, District and Piccadilly Lines.
Last exit via the pedestrian tunnel.
Aon,Buck Consultants, The Financial Services Authority (FSA), Ernst & Young, Government Actuaries Department (GAD), HCL IBS, Hewitt Associates, Hymans Robertson LLP, Inside Careers, Lane Clark & Peacock LLP (LCP), Mercer, NFU Mutual, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC), The Actuarial Profession.
Register for the Event
Search for Actuarial Jobs