This morning’s Breakfast Briefing was highly successful. Oliver Peterken presented a rigorous talk on the value of risk committees and the obstacles preventing them from being efficient. Here’s what to watch-out for:
· Executive vs. Board: to whom does the Risk Committee report?
· Beware the Audit Committee/Risk Committee overlap!
· Chief Risk Officer’s relationship to the Risk Committee
· Responsibilities: defining the Chief Risk Officer
· Leadership in a time of crisis
The audience was engrossed and Dr. Geraldine Kaye facilitated a scintillating Q&A following the talk. The conversation was really informative and heated up after the cameras were off. A great time was had by all.