- Working overseas: Entry requirements – 1 July 2009
Tim McMahon takes us through the government’s new visa regulations for international actuaries keen to work in the UK
- Working overseas: Recession? What recession? – 1 July 2009
Marcus Vaughan reports on opportunities in the Asia Pacific region
- La Nuit Des Actuaires – 1 May 2009
An evening of laughter in Paris
- Pensions: Conference preview: Weathering the storm – 1 May 2009
Martin Hewitt and Alison Tyndall preview the 2009 Pensions Conference that takes place at the Queen’s Hotel in Leeds on 3-5 June
- Book review: The Ascent of Money – 1 April 2009
Dr Geraldine Kaye reviews The Ascent of Money by Niall Ferguson
- Careers: Career clinic – 29 January 2009
We put your careers questions to a special panel assembled by The Actuary
- Careers: Why can’t we forecast our own future? – 1 December 2008
Dr Geraldine Kaye shares some industry views on the absence of the actuarial profession from the Home Office occupation shortage list
- Careers: As good as New… Zealand! – 1 November 2008
Sima Varsani interviews George Carter and Joe Benbow about the opportunities for UK actuaries in New Zealand
- Pensions: Conflicts of interest – 1 November 2008
David Johnson exposes the conflicts of interest faced by pensions fund trustees in the current economic environment
- Letters to the editor – 1 September 2008
- Letters – 1 August 2008
- Careers: Australia for actuaries – 1 August 2008
Sima Varsani writes about her recent secondment in Brisbane
- Whither the with-profits actuary? – 1 July 2008
Survey reveals increased outsourcing of WPA role
- Life: The death of the with-profits actuary? – 28 February 2008
Dr Geraldine Kaye explores what has happened in the three years since the role of the appointed actuary was abolished
- 2007 a year of challenge for trustees – 1 November 2007
David Johnson provides a plain person’s guide to the challenges that today’s trustees are facing.
- Careers: Contractors and the law – 28 May 2007
Sima Varsani reports on proposed legislative changes that mean contractors need to think carefully about their operating status and options
- Work permits – 1 December 2006
- Act your age! – 1 December 2006
Sima Varsani explains the Age Discrimination Act and its potential costs and risks.
- Louise Gergel Fellowship – 1 August 2004
- Fitter happier/Tomorrow’s actuary – 1 April 2004
Louis Manson and Antony Buxton, reflect on highlights of the 2003 Younger Members’ Convention, held in Glasgow./Mark Pattison provides a delegate’s view of the second Younger Members’ Convention.
- Defying the stereotypes – 1 May 2002
The latest GAAPS survey produced a comprehensive picture of the way actuaries see themselves, and dispelled a few myths. Geraldine Kaye outlines the findings.
- Life after SIPS – 1 January 2002
Geraldine Kaye sees opportunities for pension review actuaries after June 2002.
- Recruitment and the law – 1 July 2001
Employers risk being accused of discriminatory practice if they avoid considering applicants who are seeking work permits in the UK. Jane Hannan and Geraldine Kaye explain.
- Appointed actuaries salary survey – 1 August 2000
Geraldine Kaye outlines the findings of the fourth GAAPS annual salary survey.
- General insurance salary survey – 1 January 2000
Geraldine Kaye summarises the latest findings.
- Can You Hear the Thunder? by Leena Chakraburtty
- Fly Like a Butterfly… by Leena Chakraburtty
Share this blog
- Actuarial Exams
- Actuarial Qualifications
- Actuarial Sectors
- Actuarial Societies
- Actuarial Society of India
- Actuarial Society of South Africa
- Groupe Consultatif Actuariel Européen
- Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Institute of Spanish Actuaries
- International Actuarial Association (IAA)
- Society of Actuaries in Ireland
- Great Links
- Interim Gaaps
- Interim Management
- Louise Gergel Fellowship
- Odds and Ends
- Recruitment News
- Who said its an extremely rare event to see a black swan? lnkd.in/gGbYtmU 5 months ago
- I am searching for a Senior Underwriter I am searching for a Senior P&C Underwriter for "Startup" Reinsurer based in… gaaps.com 10 months ago
- I checked my public profile on the members directory of the IFoA and discovered that my email firstname.lastname@example.org does… gaaps.com 1 year ago
- An article by Geraldine Kaye on FT Adviser wp.me/phuXR-Ek 3 years ago
- #Vacancy for experienced #Life #Actuary in #Paris #France bit.ly/1eKhryq 3 years ago
- An article by Geraldine Kaye on FT Adviser
- Actuaries should establish MPs expenses allowance
- Actuaries calculating Bankers bonuses
- Presentation by Dr Geraldine Kaye at the Regional ASHK ERM Conference Macau on 29th April 2013
- Increasing care provision would allow more family carers to work, boosting the economy according to report
Please note that the general information contained in this blog is provided free and for information purposes only. Whilst we believe that the contents of the blog are accurate, GAAPS doesn’t accept any responsibility for loss arising from reliance upon it.
GAAPS does not provide advice on immigration matters. For advice about specific cases you should seek advice from your immigration adviser.