Share this blog
- Actuarial Exams
- Actuarial Qualifications
- Actuarial Sectors
- Actuarial Societies
- Actuarial Society of India
- Actuarial Society of South Africa
- Groupe Consultatif Actuariel Européen
- Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Institute of Spanish Actuaries
- International Actuarial Association (IAA)
- Society of Actuaries in Ireland
- Great Links
- Interim Gaaps
- Interim Management
- Louise Gergel Fellowship
- Odds and Ends
- Recruitment News
- Who said its an extremely rare event to see a black swan? lnkd.in/gGbYtmU 7 months ago
- I am searching for a Senior Underwriter I am searching for a Senior P&C Underwriter for "Startup" Reinsurer based in… gaaps.com 1 year ago
- I checked my public profile on the members directory of the IFoA and discovered that my email firstname.lastname@example.org does… gaaps.com 2 years ago
- An article by Geraldine Kaye on FT Adviser wp.me/phuXR-Ek 3 years ago
- #Vacancy for experienced #Life #Actuary in #Paris #France bit.ly/1eKhryq 4 years ago
- An article by Geraldine Kaye on FT Adviser
- Actuaries should establish MPs expenses allowance
- Actuaries calculating Bankers bonuses
- Presentation by Dr Geraldine Kaye at the Regional ASHK ERM Conference Macau on 29th April 2013
- Increasing care provision would allow more family carers to work, boosting the economy according to report
Please note that the general information contained in this blog is provided free and for information purposes only. Whilst we believe that the contents of the blog are accurate, GAAPS doesn’t accept any responsibility for loss arising from reliance upon it.
GAAPS does not provide advice on immigration matters. For advice about specific cases you should seek advice from your immigration adviser.
Category Archives: University of Pretoria
Once again, the GAAPS Actuarial Careers Fair at the University of Pretoria was a successful event with the biggest ever turn out for students and companies. Samantha Pretorius welcomed everyone (she stood in for Prof Anton Stroh) and then introduced Dr Geraldine Kaye of GAAPS.
For the first time Pretoria students were joined by their peers from the University of the Free State and North West University (Potchefstroom).
The students who attended asked many questions about the actuarial profession but appeared to be particularly interested in information about obtaining work permits. They were clearly aware that Actuarial Skills Travel Well.
In addition to the 2nd and 3rd year students we were delighted to see a number of students who are still studying for their matric but are clearly planning ahead for their future.
Visiting South Africa for the fair also enabled us to meet with candidates and clients and to renew and strengthen our relationships.
The 4th Annual GAAPS Actuarial Careers Fair at The University of Pretoria will be in two weeks time on Friday the 27th of August.
The Fair is the only one of its kind in South Africa that gives you the chance to speak to many of the leading actuarial companies who are within this sector and to find out what opportunities are available, what employers expect from you and how you can make the most of your application to them.
The honours groups from the University of the Free State and North West University (Potchefstroom) have also been invited to the event. Not only do we think this will improve relations between the three universities, we also know it will give the companies here wider exposure to the talent available in the market.
Click the links below for details of:
All presentations will take place in the SRC Board Room at the Conference Centre
10:00—10:05 Word of welcome by Prof Anton Ströh
10:05—10:10 Response by Dr Geraldine Kaye (GAAPS)
10:15—10:45 Deloitte Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
10:45—11:15 First National Bank
11:15—11:45 Hannover Re SA
12:15—12:45 Lunch break
The employers attending the GAAPS Actuarial Careers Fair at the University of Pretoria on the 27th of August 2010 have been confirmed as:
Association of South African Black Actuarial Professionals (ASABA)
Deloitte Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
First National Bank
South African Actuaries Development Programme (SAADP)
The Health Monitor Company